Thursday, January 28, 2010

Picture of the Day

What. up.

So today as I was scavenging the internet like I do most days, I came across this picture. I'm not sure if it is old, or new, but it's amazing..... end of story.

I also believe that it is quite relevant with Avatar (if you don't know what Avatar is... you should probably check your pulse because there is a good chance your dead) recently becoming the biggest movie of all time worldwide and is easily on course to break Titanic's domestic gross record of $600.8 million.

Now, like a billion other people, I saw and loved Avatar. It was truly unlike anything I have ever seen before..... It reminded me of my favorite movie STAR WARS. In it's day, Star Wars was arguably the Avatar of that generation. No one had ever seen anything like it. Now, not to bore you with economies of scale or inflation, but where does Star Wars stack up to Avatar if we leveled the playing field and accounted for ticket inflation and 3-D sales....

Shit.... the biggest movie of all time EVER is Gone with the Wind with $1.5 billion... well that kinda messes up my point..... oh wait, number 2 is STAR WARS! with $1.3 billion, sweet, back on track...
Titanic ranks 6th with just under a billion...

So your probably asking yourself, "self, where does Avatar rank?".... Avatar would rank 26th! with movies like Forrest Gump, E.T., The Sound of Music, and Star Wars: Episode 1 easily beating it.

ok I'm done being a nerd, I know all you really wanted to do was see the picture.... enjoy

-J.

George Lucas drew this this picture and sent it to James Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment