Saturday, January 30, 2010

Peter J Here. First off, let's give J. Spencer a warm welcome to the world of J. Newbury Blog. Hi Jonathan- Good to have you aboard son (this being said in my WWII General Voice). Thanks for those last two posts...that star wars picture is hiller-arious, and to quote you: "It's colder than fu#k!ng Planet Hoth outside"...

Thanks for telling us all about how much you loved Ava-tard. At this point I truly feel like I am the only person on the face of the earth (excluding Afghanistan and certain remote areas of the Congo) that has not yet embarked on the cinematic adventure known as Avatar. I'm sure I'll get to it sooner or later. Now, lets get down to brass tax here...I'm sure most of you are no stranger to the term, the statement, and worst of all- the feeling: "What the hell happened last night?" I wish I could tell you, I really do. I However, was a little too busy cutting up the dance floor like a slap-chop on speed. Should we rewind? (cue tape rewind noises)

Last night the J. Newbury team found themselves cozied up in private VIP area of the Gypsy bar in the company of a few young ladies, good friends, and a lot of Grey Goose (horrible cliche I know...). The night was fused together with cocktails, dancing, laughing and more fist pumping than the Jersey Shore, all the while slowly falling apart at the welds. The night reached it's apex (the zing, in amazing if you will) when a certain hilarious member of our entourage put an obnoxious bar patron in his place with a few choice words and a well aimed fist (J. Newbury does not condone violence...except in movies...and after 2am).

After much hazy reminiscence, I must admit that the only conclusion I can halfway reach is: Let's do it again tonight. Its Saturday people...we've all earned it. Lets be safe, be merry, and may we all find ourselves in good "spirits" and good company for the remainder of the weekend.until next time... I'll be sitting here drinking an ice cold "Dale's Pale Ale" fresh out of the can. Life is good today.
(J. Newbury LLC is in no way, shape or form affiliated with Dales Pale Ale...but we really wish we were! Dale, if you are reading this...send us some shwag dude!)

Play list for today:
Sweet Jane- Velvet Underground
And it Stoned Me- Van Morrison
Big Black Bird- Blitzen Trapper
Everybody knows this is Nowhere- Neil Young

-Peter J.

1 comment: